Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The Race was a Huge Sucess!!





My apologies for taking so long to post photos. I've been delayed by things like crashed hard drives.

The Race for the Cure was an amazing day with a HUGE turnout. Candi's Angels raised almost $3000!!! Candice was determined to "race," despite the fact that she was worn out just walking from the parking spot to the race site. She was totally cute and wore her game face (and her "I'm too sexy for my hair" hat). Candice spray painted a shopping cart pink and we decorated it with pink "spirit." She climbed in and rode in style while the rest of us walked (and a few team members ran!). Many thanks to Zach who joined the team the Friday before the race, and was then tasked with pushing the cart the whole way!

Thank you SO MUCH to all who donated and pledged. It was an emotional day for me, seeing all the survivors in pink shirts, some just barely making it across the finish line. Everyone there was racing in celebration or in honor of someone. We were there in celebration of Candice and her mom, another survivor. Georgia Parker, a former director and beautiful person, was also in my memories.

Way to go, team!

More photos can be seen at my Flickr site, here.










No comments:

Post a Comment