Monday, March 30, 2009

Sad news



When Candice called me to tell me she had cancer, I wasn't sure what to think. I cried. It's devastating. And unfair. I was angry. It's maddening. And then I booked a flight to Buffalo. I went with Candice and her mom to the doctor's appointment on Friday and heard the doctor say "aggressive cancer." I listened to him say that he had to remove her left breast and several lymph nodes. I tried to imagine how I'd feel in that situation. And then I heard Candice tell him to take them both off. She explained to him that she has a 7 year old daughter and can't be taking any risks. And that was that.

Speaking of her daughter...I had the pleasure of meeting Skylin this past weekend for the first time. I was so blown away by how happy this child is ALL the time. She's so adorable and happy and funny. I can't imagine a better reason for Candice to fight this evil cancer.

Her surgery is Thursday, April 2nd at 1:30.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm candice's daughter.she is felling better so far. Thanks Karen for support us! I'm appreciate that!!!

    ReplyDelete